Monday 1 February 2010

Sand and Storytelling



This isn’t about beer. But I recommend you watch this video while drinking one. And turn the sound on too. It’s the winner of Ukraine’s Got Talent and it’s one of the most mesmerising things I’ve ever seen. There is an art to telling a good story and this is the most unique way I’ve seen, like an evolving comic strip, organically moving from one scene to the next, constantly surprising the viewer, while the skill and sleight of hand is just dazzling. I wish we had entries like this in our version of the competition. It beats Susan Boyle and dancing dog acts any day.

I posted this on twitter earlier and it got a big response. I think it’s a few months old but I only saw it for the first time today. I’ve got many words inside about it, I’m sure, but they aren’t coming out. There’s some more about the power of story, how it’s like a physical animation and things like that.

7 comments:

  1. Great isn't It, there must be a serious amount of skill and judgement not to mention artistic talent involved....certainly beats any of the crap we usually have to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been nicer if she'd have got her kit off, but still clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tandleman - wash your mouth out!! This is beautiful and so clever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I was joking of course. Not that I'd have minded though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark - being the big, tough, and quite frankly insensitive brummie that I am, there are few things that stop me dead in my tracks and cause me to pause, reflect and marvel all at the same time (whilst holding back a tear or two at the same time!) I mean, who IS this beautiful, talented, beautifully talented woman?? Bloody fantastic post!! I'm now off to get Lynne to watch it! Speak soon, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this before... but I never tire of it. Pure awesome...

    ReplyDelete