Saturday 13 March 2010

Fuller's Bengal Lancer

I had this at the London Drinker beer festival on Thursday and I loved it. I saw a bottle in Waitrose and I bought it. The bottle is open now. The aroma is deliciously enticing: citrus, spice, marmalade, grapefruit, sweet bread. It's very, very good, better than I expected it to be. Smooth, big, full, peppery marmalade, toast, bitter at the side of the mouth, a quenching, dry finish, come-drink-me-now good. I will buy some more bottles this week, you should too.

4 comments:

  1. What's "Waitrose"?

    If heard of Sainsbury's, is it something similar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realise this was coming in bottles. Is this going to be a Fuller's regular (or even semi-regular)? Certainly seems to be popular on cask wherever it turns up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's fair to assume Herr'man thought it was shit. You southern softies don't know how to hop ale properly. I will look for this and video beer review it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went into a Fullers pub on Saturday evening and the pump clip was turned about face :-(

    Bottle of 1845 was a good substitute though.

    ReplyDelete